Sunday, May 30, 2010

MY RESEARCH EXPERIENCE...

Rosmin Amjad
Eng 101
My Research Experience

I did my research paper on Peaches. At first I was very confused about my research paper. When the professor said to research about our chosen topics, I went on Google and found articles about peaches and the benefits. Later professor said the do the research beyond what I have done for the first time. She said to include several topics such as how politics is involved in the production of peaches, what kind of pesticides are used and how are they harmful to us. When did the research about all those areas, I took my research paper to a new level.
When I started researching again I did not knew which websites were reliable and used as a strong sources. It was very frustrating at the beginning because the websites that came up at first were not genuine. Gradually after three or four hours of research I was able to distinguish which of the information was reliable.
I learned so much in doing my research paper. The things I learned while doing my research are as follows:
1. Using genuine and reliable sources such as books.
2. Going to library and finding the right sources for the research paper.
3. The website of CUNY library.
4. MLA Citation.
5. I went to get tutoring for my grammar at LAGCC tutoring center.
6. I learned that peaches are the worst conventional fruits with maximum number if pesticides in them.
7. I learned how the politics is involved in the peach production
8. I found how the migrant farm workers are being abused.
9. How to use pictures and graphs in my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment